In the original 1890 location at 1118 Oak Street (above), this house was the residence of the John G. West family: the Wests were parents of Oswald West, later governor of Oregon. At the time the family lived here, Mr. West was listed as "drover." In the mid 1890s the house was sold to C. M. Beak and in 1898 to Mrs. A. Klein. The Kleins continued in ownership and residency through the early 1920s; Mr. Klein's occupation is listed as "traveling salesman". Later owners were Harry and Lena Thorsen in the 1920s; in 1926 the house was purchased by Epsilon Delta Mu, a Willamette University living organization. It later reverted to the private ownership of Bertha Brians and Clifford and Agnes White in the 1930s. In 1993 it was divided into six living units. The house was moved to the present location at 2983 D Street in the late 1990s and is a rental property.